Paint a Rainbow Highland Cow
In this real time paint along class we will paint a highland cow in a vibrant multicolor / rainbow color style. There will be lots of vibrant colors and loose flowing brush strokes in this painting and the end result will be fabulous.
During the class you will learn:
1) The four steps used to create a rainbow / multi coloured painting
2) A unique method of painting a quick abstract background
3) How to suggest a hair effect
4) How to ensure bright vibrant colours and avoid the painting turning to dull muddy colours
5) How to create the illusion of realism without having to use the correct colours
For the class you will need :
1) a 12″ x 16″ canvas (roughly 400mm x 300mm).
2) Set of bristle brushes
3) Titanium White, then a variety of vibrant colours. At least the 3 primary colours. I used Purple, Magenta, Red, Orange, Yellow Light, Phtalo Green, Phtalo Turquoise, Phtalo Blue.
4) Painting Knife
5) Fineliner brush
6) 1″ Soft Flibert, 1/2″ Soft Filbert