How to Paint a Raccoon in Oil
Skill Level: 2 Intermediate, 3 Advanced
Medium: Oil Painting
Tutor: Nolan Clark
Class Length: 2 Hours 20 Minutes
In this real time paint along class we will paint a raccoon in oil.
During the class you will learn:
1) The secret behind creating depth in the hair
2) How to quickly create the impression of lots of hair
3) How to add detail that looks like it took days to paint, but it only takes a short while
4) How to paint realistic eyes, nose and ears
5) A little known secret hidden in the shadows that adds a ton of realism to animal paintings
6) and much more…
For the class you will need :
1) a 400mm x 300mm canvas (roughly 16″ x 12″).
2) Set of bristle brushes
3) Finer liner and a rigger brush
4) 1cm (0.5″) Soft Filbert Brush
5) Painting Knife
6) I used these colours during the lesson : Titanium White, Paynes Grey, Burnt Sienna, Raw Umber, Yellow Ochre & French Ultramarine, Cadmium Yellow & Sap Green.
There are no reviews yet.