How to Paint a Spitfire
In this real time paint along class we will paint a spitfire in oil.
Note : We will paint the spitfire over an existing cloud painting. You can learn how to paint the clouds here:
During the class you will learn:
1) How to cleanly transfer to spitfire sketch to the painting
2) How to mix the camouflage colours
3) How to paint the various shapes that make up the plane
4) How to make the plane look shiny
5) How to suggest cockpit details and panels
6) How to make the prop look like it is turning
7) and much more…
For the class you will need :
1) a 16″ x 12″ canvas (roughly 400mm x 300mm) with the clouds already painted and dry.
You can learn to paint the clouds here:
2) Set of bristle brushes
3) Finer liners and fine round brushes
4) 1cm (0.5″) Soft Filbert Brush
5) Painting Knife
6) I estimate using these colours during the lesson : Titanium White, Paynes Grey, French Ultramarine, Cerulean Blue, Yellow Ochre, Cadmiun Yellow, Cadmium Red.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.