How to Paint a Sunset Seascape
Skill Level: 1 Beginner, 2 Intermediate
Medium: Oil Painting
Tutor: Nolan Clark
Class Length: 4 Hours
In this real time paint along class you will learn how to paint clouds at sunset. It is a multi step process, but is not difficult.
I will be painting in oil for this class.
During the class you will learn:
1) How to paint clouds with a silver lining
2) How to match your paint colors to the reference photo
3) How to paint buildings and trees in the distance
4) How to paint ripples on the water
5) How to paint a broken wave with foam on the water
6) How to paint a beach effect
7) and much more…
For the class you will need :
1) 16″ x 12″ canvas
2) Titanium White, Pthalo Blue, Alizarin Crimson, Cadmium Yellow, Burnt Sienna & Emerald Green
3) Fine round brush
4) 0.5cm Soft Filbert brush
5) 1cm bristle brush
Susan B. (verified owner) –
I found the videos absolutely full of techniques and knowledge . I have been floundering around with my style and this video was so helpful.
Susan Fisher (verified owner) –
Love this tutorial. Nolan has a wonderful laid back disposition and is easy to listen to. I really enjoyed this painting.
Anonymous (verified owner) –
Great instruction as always. I down loaded PDF to a printing business. Picture came back totally different colors. Very greenish.
Nolan59 (store manager) –
Glad you enjoyed the lesson. The print shop must have had an ink problem?