How to Paint a Tulip in Oil
Skill Level: 1 Beginner
Medium: Oil Painting
Tutor: Nolan Clark
Class Length: 3 Hours 45 Minutes
Archive Class [?]
In this, the first part of the three part class you will learn:
1. How to redraw your flowers
2. How to mix and test if your colours are correct before you start painting
3. How to get clean edges in your painting
4. How to increase the amount of distance in a still life
5. How to paint the background so it draws attention to the focal point
6. How to save your paints for the next session
In this, the second part of the three part class you will learn:
1. The easiest way to shade the petals
2. How to ensure it looks like the sun is coming from one direction
3. How to get clean edges on your petals and leaves
4. How to get the “looking in” effect inside the flower
5. How to use shadows to create distance between the petals
6. How to paint the leaves
7. How to fix mistakes
8. How to tie the stem and the flower together to ensure the flower doesnt look like its been “plugged into” the stem, but that they naturally change from the one to the other.
In this, the third part of the three part class you will learn:
1. How to adjust a colour that you are not happy with on a dry painting.
2. How to paint water drops – all 3 variations
3. How many water drops to paint and where to paint them to ensure they look natural
4. The importance of choosing a distinctive signature
5. The correct way to sign your name
anki (verified owner) –
Fabulous class. I learned so much from this class and I can look at it many times.
Rhonda C. (verified owner) –
I love your class! I am a beginner at oil painting and you are so helpful in colors, shading, blending, and even using the color wheel. I am so glad that I found your classes. I will definitely want to see more classes!!
Robert (verified owner) –
I learned a lot from this class. I really enjoyed it.
Barbara (verified owner) –
A great set of 3 classes which made me excited to get started. Some important techniques are very clearly explained and demonstrated. I felt equipped with the right knowledge to paint my own. Highly recommended.